A Mother’s Job is Never Done: Quotes to Celebrate Moms
Moms are often the unsung heroes of the family. Working tirelessly, they provide unconditional love, guidance, and infectious support to their families, so it’s no surprise the expression, “a mother’s job is never done” rings true (and throughout centuries!) Here are a few beautiful quotes that celebrate mothers and their unwavering dedication.
1. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
2. “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” – Stevie Wonder
3. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” – Milton Berle
4. “God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.” – Jewish Proverb
5. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
6. “No matter how old a mother is, she watches her middle-aged children for signs of improvement.” – Florida Scott-Maxwell
7. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
8. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.” – Jessica Lange
As these quotes prove, being a mom is no easy feat. So give a shout out to the moms in your life and thank them for the hard work and love they put into motherhood.
9 Ways to Show You Appreciate Mom
- Send an E-Card: Whether it’s a funny Father’s Day eCard or a heartfelt message of gratitude, let mom know you’re thinking of her.
- Give Her a Day Off: In the wake of a busy schedule, give mom a break and take care of her regular responsibilities (whether it’s making dinner, running errands, etc.)
- Write a Poem: A poem is a great way to show your appreciation and honor your mom with a heartfelt message.
- Send Her Flowers: Brighten mom’s day with a bouquet of her favorite flowers or plants.
- Record a Video: Let mom know you care by recording a heartfelt emotional message or an unrehearsed performance.
- Make Her a Mug: Bake a personalized mug with an “I Love Mom” drawing and fill it with her favorite treats.
- Breakfast in Bed: Make mom a special breakfast, and then serve it to her in bed.
- Spend Quality Time with Her: Spend your time doing her favorite activities, whether it’s going to a movie, planning a picnic, or reading a book.
- Do Something She’s Been Meaning to Do: Whether it’s helping her solve a crafty project or organizing her home, there’s no better way to show your appreciation.
Mom’s are always there to lend us a hand and support us when times get tough, so why not take a moment to thank them and let them know how much you appreciate them? Whether it’s sending a card, giving her a day off, or writing a poem – there are countless ways to thank your mom and show her your love. A mother’s job might never be done, but that doesn’t mean you should forget to show your appreciation!