What is an A & P Mechanic Contract Job?
An A & P Mechanic (Airframe & Powerplant) Contract Job is a short-term job for aircraft technicians who have a valid FAA A&P certification. These roles offer the same skills and knowledge as permanent A & P Mechanic positions, however, with a contract job, the employment is temporary and on a contract basis.
The Benefits of an A & P Mechanic Contract Job
- Flexibility: Contract A & P Mechanic jobs allow you to choose your own hours and schedule. You can work part-time, full-time, or anything in-between.
- Experience: Gaining experience through contract jobs gives you the opportunity to work in different facilities, with a variety of aircrafts, and learn new repair and maintenance techniques.
- Security: Contract A & P Mechanic jobs provide financial security for those seeking to supplement their income steadily.
- Compensation: Contract A & P Mechanic jobs typically come with competitive compensation packages with benefits.
Essential Qualifications for an A & P Mechanic Contract Job
In order to successfully work in an A & P Mechanic Contract Job, Technicians must demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A valid FAA A&P certification
- 2 – 3 years of experience working on airframe and powerplant components
- Ability to use hand tools and other specialized aircraft mechanic equipment
- Strong technical knowledge of aviation industry regulations and standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, computer aided design software, and aviation databases
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
A & P Mechanics are an essential component of the aviation industry and those with the essential qualifications can find fulfilling and rewarding contract jobs in the field.