A&R Jobs in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is home to some of the most renowned music and entertainment industry businesses in the world, and many aspiring music professionals have dreamed of working in A&R in Los Angeles. To land one of these coveted jobs, you’ll need to have the right qualifications as well as an in-depth knowledge of the music business.
What Does an A&R Job Entail?
An A&R (Artist and Repertoire) job entails discovering and developing talent, negotiating and managing contracts, liaising with record labels and producers, and working with creative teams to launch and promote music projects. This is a highly sought-after job in the music industry and is ideal for those who have a passion for discovering new talent.
Requirement for A&R Jobs in Los Angeles
To be considered for A&R jobs in Los Angeles, you will need:
- Music Industry Knowledge: A working knowledge of music industry practices, contracts, negotiations, and talent development.
- Networking Skills: Connections with other music professionals and a thorough contact list of venues and radio stations.
- Business Experience: Experience working in a business setting, preferably with an understanding of accounting and marketing principles.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to work with changing deadlines and multitask between various projects.
How to Find A&R Jobs in Los Angeles
If you’re looking to land A&R jobs in Los Angeles, here’s what you need to do:
- Create a professional resume outlining your experience in music, business, and networking.
- Attend industry events and network with music professionals.
- Utilize job boards and search engines to find available job postings.
- Keep track of industry trends and hot acts – this will help show that you’re up to date on the latest in music.
- Find internships and assistantships that can help you gain experience in A&R.
landing an A&R Job in Los Angeles
Landing an A&R job in Los Angeles requires a combination of industry knowledge, excellent networking skills, and business savvy. Having a thorough understanding of the music industry, a vast contact list, and a proven ability to recognize talent are great assets when applying for A&R jobs in Los Angeles. With the right qualifications and experience, you too can become an A&R professional in Los Angeles.