Truck Driving Jobs at Con Edison
Con Edison, one of the most prominent energy companies in the United States, provides a variety of truck driving jobs throughout its service area. As a Con Edison truck driver, you can be part of a reliable and dedicated team of professionals that works day and night to maintain energy reliability for millions of customers.
What Does a Con Edison Truck Driver Do?
Con Edison truck drivers are primarily responsible for delivering materials and equipment to different locations such as service and construction sites. Additionally, some of the duties include:
- Observing safety regulations, such as wearing seatbelts and adhering to all local laws and regulations
- Loading/unloading materials and equipment
- Performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections on their trucks to ensure they are in good working order
- conducting basic maintenance and repairs on their assigned truck
What Skills Are Required to Become a Con Edison Truck Driver?
Con Edison truck driving jobs require truck drivers to have a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and meet all other applicable state and federal regulations. Besides the technical skills, Con Edison values their truck drivers to have the following qualifications:
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, for providing customer service, explaining procedures, and collecting information
- Attention to detail, for completing paperwork and making sure that the delivery site is well-equipped as required
- Ability to follow instructions, for working with customers or following safety procedures
- Good organizational skills, for prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines
If you have the necessary qualifications and want to become part of Con Edison’s team of truck drivers, you can apply for a truck driving job via the company’s website. Make sure to attentively read the job description and understand the company’s expectations to get the most out of your career with Con Edison.