Working at De Young Museum in San Francisco
San Francisco’s de Young Museum is one of the city’s most iconic design institutions, renowned for its exhibitions, research, and education. Working at the de Young Museum provides an experience in art and culture that few other places can match, and the museum offers a wide range of opportunities to its employees.
The de Young Museum offers a variety of jobs, from curators to staff, artists to volunteers.
- Administrative roles: Administrative roles include marketing and development, finance, technology, as well as general administrative roles.
- Educators: Educators promote the mission and values of de Young Museum by creating and delivering educational materials to both the general public and special groups such as school groups or members.
- Curatorial roles: Curators are responsible for managing the museum’s collection and exhibitions as well as conducting research.
- Security roles: Security personnel ensure the safety of the museum and its visitors.
- Volunteers: Volunteers contribute to the museum by working with staff and holding educational events.
Benefits of Working at the de Young
The de Young Museum offers a range of benefits for employees, including specialized training opportunities, comprehensive health and wellness programs, flexible work arrangements, and even tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. The museum also offers competitive salary rates, excellent retirement packages, and generous vacation policies.
Working at the de Young Museum provides the opportunity to contribute to the cultural life of San Francisco, to develop connectedness and collaboration, and to be part of a team that is passionate about its mission.