Do job offers come in the morning or afternoon?
It is highly dependent on the employer when they will extend a job offer. Some employers may issue job offers at any time of day or night, while others may have certain times of the day in which they are more likely to extend a job offer.
Advantages of Offering a Job in the Morning
- Candidate has all day to receive, consider, and accept or decline an offer.
- Job offer doesn’t provide the rest of the day for job applicant to be preoccupied, leading to distracted thoughts and worry.
- Job applicant won’t feel rushed to make a decision and can even sleep on it.
Advantages of Offering a Job in the Afternoon
- Job offer can provide a timely distraction from the pressure and stress of prior job tasks.
- Job applicant will be able to give the offer their full attention without thoughts of other tasks that need to be completed for the day.
- Job applicant will go into their weekend or day off knowing their career future.
Overall, whether or not a job offer comes in the morning or afternoon is really up to the employer and can depend on several factors. Employers should consider the offers and how to best extend them for a job candidate. That being said, it is important for job candidates to always be prepared for the possibility of an interview – even if it is outside the expected time.