Do Men Get Nose Jobs?
Nose jobs have been around for decades, first becoming popular in the 1920s, and many people associate them with female celebrities. But do men get nose jobs too? The short answer is yes, and for many of the same reasons as women.
Reasons Why Men Wonder About Getting a Nose Job
- To Fix Injury or Birth Defects: If a man has a birth defect or has been injured, they may want to get a nose job to correct it.
- For Cosmetic Reasons: Men often want a nose job if they feel their nose is too big, too wide, asymmetrical, or if they simply don’t like how it looks.
- Improve Airflow: In some cases, men may feel their nose is blocking airflow, resulting in difficulty breathing, snoring, and congestion. A nose job can help open up the nostrils to improve airflow.
Are There Any Considerations?
Men considering a nose job should keep a few things in mind:
- Consult an Expert: Make sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to find out if a nose job will give you the look you want.
- Think Carefully About the Outcome: Make sure you’re ready for the appearance you will have after the nose job. Understand that all surgeries come with risks, and you should be prepared for any potential outcome.
- Be Ready for Pain and Discomfort:Although most instances of nose reshaping are done using anesthesia, you’ll likely experience some swelling, bruising, and pain once it wears off.
Ultimately, it’s possible for men to get a nose job, though they should still consider it carefully and consult a certified plastic surgeon. A nose job can be a great way to correct defects or injury, and to improve a man’s look and appearance, if that’s something he wishes to do.