Does Insurance Cover Nose Jobs?
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a popular cosmetic procedure, but do insurance policies cover it? Here we discuss the facts.
Does Insurance Cover Nose Job Surgery?
In general, insurance agencies do not cover cosmetic procedures, and this is the case for nose job surgery. Insurance policies typically only cover medically necessary surgeries, such as a surgery needed after an injury or accident.
What Are the Options for Financing a Nose Job?
If you’re considering having a nose job, but don’t think your insurance company will cover the cost, there are still several options that may be available to you:
- Medical Credit Card: this may be a good option if your procedure is costly. Unlike a regular credit card, medical credit cards are designed specifically for medical-related expenses.
- Care Credit: this is a healthcare-focused credit card that can help you pay for medical procedures.
- HSA/FSA: if you have a Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account through your employer, you may be able to use that money for the surgery.
- Levy Financial Solutions: this is a financing option to help you pay for nose job surgery.
- Payment Plans: many doctors or plastic surgeons may offer their own payment plans.
In general, insurance policies won’t cover your costs for a nose job. However, there are several financing options available to help cover the cost of your procedure. No matter which financing or payment option you choose, it’s important to carefully consider the terms and costs associated.