Working Seasonally for Amazon: What You Need to Know
Working seasonally at Amazon can be an exciting job opportunity. It can offer the chance to make extra money during the holiday season and beyond. But before you apply, it’s important to understand the duration of the seasonal gig. Read on to learn more about how long these jobs typically last.
Typical Duration of Seasonal Jobs at Amazon
Typically, seasonal jobs at Amazon will last between 90 days and six months, depending on the specific job. Peak season positions – like those offered during the holidays – tend to last for around four to six months. Non-peak positions, like those related to sports events, alternate holidays and special occasions, can last from a few weeks up to six months.
Of course, there may be exceptions in either direction. Some seasonal Amazon workers may even experience their positions lasting over one year if the need for their skillset continues.
Variables Affecting the Length of Seasonal Work
The duration of seasonal work at Amazon is based on a variety of factors. Here are a few variables to keep in mind:
- Requirements: Depending on the job, different qualifications could affect the duration of the position. For example, Amazon may waive the interviewing process and extended onboarding if they need workers in a pinch.
- Demand: If demand for a particular job is higher than expected, that could extend the duration of the position.
- Performance: How well you perform could be a deciding factor for if and when Amazon ends the gig.
Making the Most Out of a Seasonal Job
No matter the length of your seasonal gig, take every opportunity to make the most out of your Amazon job. Here are a few tips for making it the best experience possible:
- Be a team player: Demonstrate your value as a worker by offering to help out with other departments if needed.
- Put in extra effort: Put in a good performance every day and exhibit a strong work ethic. Take a few minutes to review the important skills necessary for the job and make sure yours are up to par.
- Learn as much as you can: Take advantage of the experience and resources Amazon offers. Learn the company culture and familiarize yourself with the general operations.
By understanding the length of seasonal positions at Amazon, you’ll be in the best position to determine whether or not these gigs are a good fit for you. With a little effort, you could make a lasting impression and even move into a more permanent position.