The Building Materials Jobs Market
The building materials industry is a vast and ever-evolving market, with a range of new and interesting positions becoming available all the time. With an annual turnover of over one trillion dollars, it is also one of the largest and most lucrative markets to work in.
Types of Building Materials Jobs
There are a number of different types of building materials-related jobs available, all of which offer exciting and interesting career opportunities. These jobs can range from design to production, engineering to installation and sales.
Some of the most popular types of building materials jobs include:
- Architecture: Architects specialize in the design of buildings and other structures, from homes to schools to skyscrapers. This requires knowledge of the physics of building materials and construction techniques.
- Construction: The construction industry is a booming industry, with many skilled professionals employed in the construction of homes and buildings. Jobs range from construction management to manual labor.
- Installation: Installation specialists install windows, doors, and other building materials. This requires knowledge of the local building codes and installation techniques, as well as precision and safety.
- Production: Professionals in the production and manufacturing of building materials use a variety of tools and processes to create the materials that are used in the construction of buildings. This can be anything from creating plaster to manufacturing steel.
- Surveying: Surveyors measure, map and photograph terrain and buildings. This requires an understanding of the laws of land surveying and a good eye for detail.
How Many Jobs are Available?
The number of jobs available in the building materials industry is ever-changing. Depending on the needs of a particular region, new jobs can pop up all the time. However, it is estimated that there are currently over 5 million people employed in a variety of building materials related positions.
Due to the large size of the industry, the opportunities for advancement and the high job security, there are often plenty of opportunities to find a job in the building materials market.