A Look Into The Forest Products Industry
The forest products industry is a vital part of the global economy that provides a variety of jobs, from material production to sales. It is an important source of many of the wood, paper, and cellulose items that we use every day.
Types of Employment
The forest products industry offers many different types of employment. Here are some of them:
- Logging: Logging jobs involve working in forests to harvest trees or plants. Many logging jobs use heavy machinery like skidders, loaders, and feller bunchers.
- Production: Employees in production are responsible for preparing materials such as wood, paper and cellulose for use in manufacturing processes.
- Marketing: A marketing job in the forest products industry involves promoting the company’s products and services. Duties include creating promotional materials, identifying new sales opportunities, and attending trade shows.
- Quality Assurance: Quality assurance jobs involve ensuring the safety and quality of forest products. These jobs involve performing inspections, testing products, and making sure that the products meet government regulations.
- Research and Development: Research and development jobs are responsible for developing new products and processes. This can include everything from developing new ways to harvest and process materials, to creating new products.
The Job Market
The job market in the forest products industry is steady and growing. In the United States alone, there are over 280,000 people employed in the industry with wages ranging from $13.66 to $29.00 per hour.
Overall, the demand for workers in the forest products industry is expected to remain strong in the coming years due to increasing global demand for materials and new technologies.
For those interested in finding a job in the forest products industry, there are many job opportunities available. Jobs typically involve working with wood products, harvesting material from forests, and producing goods.
In conclusion, the forest products industry is an important and growing industry that offers many different types of jobs. With a steady job market and wages ranging from $13.66 to $29.00 per hour, this is an attractive option for those seeking employment.