What is A Real Estate Investment Trust?
A Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) is a company that owns, operates or finances income-generating real estate. REITs provide investors with direct access to income-generating real estate investments while providing diversification, liquidity and potential higher returns that may come with commercial real estate ownership.
Jobs Available in REITs
There are a variety of job opportunities within REITs, providing a range of skills, qualifications and experience levels. The most common roles available in REITs include:
- Portfolio Managers, who are responsible for researching, selecting and managing investments in real estate.
- Asset Managers, who focus on optimizing the value of existing investments and identifying new opportunities.
- Acquisition Managers, who are responsible for researching and executing the acquisition of properties.
- Property Managers, who are responsible for the day-to-day management of the portfolio, such as tenant occupied buildings, handling tenant complaints and maintenance of buildings.
- Asset Managers, who focus on maximizing the value of existing assets and identifying new opportunities.
- Financing Managers, who are responsible for securing financing and managing debt servicing activities.
It is important to note that many of these roles require a wide range of skills, qualifications and experience in the industry. It is advisable to research the required qualifications and experience before applying for any position in the REIT sector.