How Many People Get Nose Jobs Every Year?
Nose jobs, also known as rhinoplasty, have become increasingly popular in recent years. This plastic surgery procedure gives people the opportunity to customize their facial features and enhance their natural beauty. So, just how many people get nose jobs a year?
The Number of Nose Jobs Per Year is on the Rise
According to reports, the number of nose jobs performed each year is steadily increasing. As of 2019, a reported 220,000 rhinoplasty procedures are performed, an all-time high. This number is only expected to climb in the future, with people becoming more and more open to cosmetic surgery.
Reasons People Get Nose Jobs
For many, a nose job is an investment in their self-confidence and overall appearance. Some of the more common reasons people get rhinoplasty include:
- To Reshape the Nose: The most common reason someone gets a nose job is to correct the shape or size of their nose. This can include reducing the size of a large nose or addressing bumps or asymmetries.
- To Repair a Deviated Septum: Another common reason someone might choose rhinoplasty is to repair a deviated septum. This is a problem where the wall between the nostrils is not straight, which can cause breathing issues.
- To Correct a Birth Defect: Some people also get nose jobs to correct a birth defect, such as a cleft lip or nasal anomalies.
- To Enhance Their Appearance: Finally, some people simply have rhinoplasty to enhance their appearance. This can include making the nose more proportionate to the face or reshaping the tip or bridge of the nose.
The Benefits of a Nose Job
Getting a nose job can be a life-changing experience. While the surgery itself can be a bit uncomfortable, the results can be quite rewarding. Here are some of the primary benefits of a nose job:
- Improved Self-Confidence: One of the primary benefits of a nose job is improved self-confidence. People who get nose jobs often feel more confident in their appearance, which can lead to a boosted self-esteem in social settings.
- Better Health: Some rhinoplasties are done for medical reasons, such as to repair deviated septums. This type of repair can lead to improved breathing and better overall health.
- More Proportioned Features: Many people also have nose jobs to make their facial features more proportionate to each other. This can make them appear more aesthetically pleasing and balanced.
It’s clear that nose jobs are becoming increasingly popular. With a reported 220,000 procedures performed in 2019 and rising, it’s certain this trend will continue in the years to come.