Finding Roofing Jobs
Finding roofing jobs isn’t always easy but there are a few strategies you can use to increase your chances.
1. Build Your Reputation
Building your reputation as a quality roofer is one of the best ways to get more jobs. Think about ways to set yourself apart from other roofers. Legitimate Yelp reviews and positive word of mouth can help you gain more customers and eventually more jobs.
Networking is another great way to find roofing jobs. Attend events in your local community and reach out to local businesses and organizations who may need your services. You can also connect with area homebuilders who often work with local roofers in their projects.
3. Connect with Local Roofers
Connecting with other local roofers may help you to learn more about the opportunities that are available to you. Get to know other roofers in the area, ask them questions, and find out what they are working on. You may be able to pick up extra work or subcontract jobs from other roofers.
4. Take Advantage of Online Platforms
Online platforms like Facebook, Craigslist, and online job boards can be great resources for finding roofing jobs. Google Ads can be an effective way to target potential customers who are specifically looking for roofing services.
5. Get Certified
Getting a professional certification from the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) can help you to land more jobs. Having a certification can give you a leg up on the competition and show potential employers you are qualified for the work.
- Build your reputation: Work on building your reputation as a quality roofer. Positive Yelp reviews and word of mouth can help you get more jobs.
- Network: Attend local events and connect with potential customers and local roofers who may have extra work.
- Take advantage of online platforms: Online platforms like Facebook, Craigslist and online job boards can help you find roofing jobs.
- Get certified: Consider getting certified by the NRCA and showing prospective employers that you are qualified to do the work.
Finding roofing jobs doesn’t have to be difficult. With a few smart strategies, you can improve your chances of getting more jobs. By building your reputation, networking, utilizing online platforms, and getting certified, you can make yourself more marketable and find success as a roofer.