How to Pass a Saliva Drug Test for a Job
Having to take a drug test can be a stressful time, especially if it’s a saliva drug test. These tests can detect substances as recent as the past 72 hours, making them quite accurate for a job position that mandates drug testing. However, with the right preparation and knowledge, passing a saliva drug test is achievable.
Things to keep in mind:
- Cut back on any substance use. The most obvious thing you can do to prepare for a drug test is to reduce the amount of or completely stop any substance use prior to the test. This isn’t the time to be experimenting with a new substance, as you don’t know how long it stays in your system.
- Drink lots of water. Before a drug test, it’s best to drink plenty of fluids and lots of water. This will help flush out any trace metabolites or toxins in your body. Be sure to not drink too much water, as this can also lead to a failed drug test.
- Exercising helps. Exercise has been known to help get rid of drug metabolites due to the body producing sweat. However, exercise should only be done lightly and nothing too intense because the resulting sweat may contain too much of the metabolite, which may lead to a failed test.
- Chew on sugar-free gum. Chewing on sugar-free gum can help increase saliva production, especially before your saliva drug test. This extra saliva can help flush out any remaining drug metabolites that may be in your saliva, improving your chances of passing the test.
- Use a detox mouthwash. A detox mouthwash can help rid your saliva of any traces of drug metabolites. It should be used around 30 minutes prior to your saliva drug test and should help flush out any remaining substances.
By following these simple steps, passing a saliva drug test is achievable. With the right preparation and knowledge, you can put yourself in a position of success.