Is Pharmacy Technician a Good Job?
Pharmacy technicians play an important role in today’s healthcare industry assisting pharmacists with medication preparation, prescription filling and customer service. With changing demographics and increasing demand for healthcare services, pharmacy technicians are in increasingly high demand. For those considering a career in pharmacy, being a pharmacy technician can be a wonderful opportunity.
Why Pharmacy Technician is a Good Job?
- Steady and Growing Job Demand – Demand is high and projected to grow. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job opportunities for pharmacy technicians are expected to increase by 12% from 2018 to 2028, making it a great job option for those interested in a career in healthcare.
- High Salary Potential – The job pays well with pharmacy technicians earning an average of $33,950 per year as of February 2020.
- Excellent Benefits – Full-time pharmacy technicians often enjoy health and dental coverage, paid holidays, vacation, and other benefits through their employers.
- Convenient Locations – Many pharmacy technician positions are available in cities, towns, and suburbs, making it easy to commute to work.
- Opportunities for Advancement – Many pharmacy technicians take advantage of additional educational opportunities to increase their job marketability and earning potential.
Pharmacy technicians play an important role in healthcare and are in high demand. With a steady job outlook and excellent benefits and salary potential, pharmacy technician is a great job choice for those interested in a career in healthcare.