Is Coding a Fun Job?
Coding is becoming more and more necessary in our digitally driven world. But just because computer coding is important, does that mean it’s a fun job? Let’s find out!
The Pros of Coding
Coding can be quite a bit of fun when done right. Here are a few advantages of this job:
- It is creative – you create from scratch!
- You solve puzzles and challenges all the time
- It is highly satisfying when you successfully complete your coding project
- You stay up-to-date with developing technologies
- You can work remotely, with flexible hours
The Cons of Coding
Of course, coding isn’t all easy sailing. Here are a few potential drawbacks:
- The learning curve can be tough at first
- Debugging takes patience and sometimes lots of time
- It can sometimes be lonely and isolating
- You are constantly required to learn new technologies quickly
- It isn’t the highest-paid job out there
At the end of the day, coding is what you make of it. If you have the energy, enthusiasm and commitment to give coding your all, it can be a fun and lucrative job. But if you don’t, it can just burn you out very quickly. So if you are going to become a coder, make sure that you are up for the challenge!