Job Description :
Walden University is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE). More than 50 years ago, Walden University was founded to support adult learners in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and communities. Students from across the U.S. and more than 115 countries are pursuing a certificate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree online at Walden. The university offers more than 100 online degree and certificate programs. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, hlcommission.org. For more information, please visit WaldenU.edu and WaldenFacts.com.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Master the various steps in the enrollment process to include specialized areas such as financial aid.
- Effectively communicate the value propositions of our brands in order to be able to provide an excellent student experience by offering the right program and start date through various communication methods such as phone/mail/fax/direct mail to enable the prospect to make an informed decision for the appropriate academic program.
- Utilizes critical thinking and problem-solving skills to address and resolve student issues and ensure positive student experience.
- Exceeds performance standards through personal conduct, individual and team attitude.
- Contributes to the growth of the business by guiding prospective students through the University’s enrollment process and assessing potential applicants and determine if they are qualified to apply and enroll in all academic programs, including Doctoral and Alumni programs.
- Conduct quality inbound/outbound communications, increased level of lead activity, complete/accurate applications, professional demeanor, and positive working relationships.
- Consistently keep track of, enters information into computer software and ensures accurate student information while observing confidentiality of information in a regulated environment.
- Maintains positive relationships with students to help support program persistence and generate referral activity.
- Work collaboratively to build a strong team relationship by working with direct team and other functional departments.
- Participation in training sessions and activities to facilitate student enrollments and team collaboration is expected.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1 to 5 years customer service, account management or relationship building experience preferred
- 1 to 3 years previous admissions experience preferred Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must possess confident telephone presence Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively by meeting quality standards
- Possess high level understanding of products and degree programs offered to students
- Must possess effective time management skills, sense of urgency and ability to plan and prioritize daily activities
- Must possess consultative skills and demonstrate ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess ability to receive constructive feedback and demonstrate accountability Must possess critical thinking, problem solving skills and good judgment
- Must successfully complete Enrollment Specialist training, including product evaluations and telephone assessments before being certified as an Enrollment Specialist
- Must maintain confidential student data in line with the Adtalem Code of Conduct and Ethics policy
- Must comply with Adtalem Code of Conduct and Ethics policy in all professional activities