What Air Force Jobs Require Top Secret Clearance?
A top secret clearance is amongst the highest security clearance levels within the government, usually granted to those who are handling sensitive material. When it comes to the Air Force, jobs requiring such a clearance are only available to qualified applicants.
Eligibility requirements must be met in order to earn top secret clearance in the Air Force. These include:
- Be a US citizen.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be willing to comply with certain lifestyle requirements.
- Be willing to submit to an extensive background check, which includes a polygraph.
Applicants must also be of excellent character and have a history of loyalty and trustworthiness.
Top Secret Clearance Jobs
The Air Force recruits personnel with top secret clearance for positions that require access to confidential or classified information. Some of these positions include:
- Special activities officers whose various roles may include coordinating and conducting government covert operations.
- Intelligence officers with expert knowledge of tactical, strategic, scientific and technical intelligence.
- Government relations and resource management positions whose primary responsibility is to interpret and apply regulations.
- Security forces personnel who serve as military police, providing and maintaining physical security, as well as ensuring personnel safety and security of all Air Force assets.
- Command positions, including squadron leadership, base command, and major command.
For a more complete list of job requirements and qualifications, visit the U.S. Air Force website or speak to a military recruiting specialist.
In conclusion, the Air Force issues top secret clearance to personnel for a variety of positions, all of which have their own set of eligibility requirements and qualifications. The clearance allows personnel to access confidential and highly sensitive information, requiring individuals to possess the highest loyalty and trustworthiness.