What is a Checker Job?
A checker job is a position in which one is responsible for verifying and authorizing payments and goods. Checkers play a very important role in ensuring that goods and finances are accurate and are where they need to be.
Responsibilities of a Checker Job
- Verifying shipments of goods
- Ensuring that shipments match the order and invoice information
- Recording any discrepancies found in the goods and/or payment amounts
- Completing necessary paperwork
- Making sure goods are stored safely
- Inspecting goods for quality assurance
- Accounting for shipments and payments
- Communicating with other departments or vendors to resolve discrepancies
Skills Needed to be a Successful Checker
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly and accurately
- Ability to use basic math skills
- Computer proficiency
A checker job is an important part of the supply chain and requires someone who is willing to pay attention to detail, solve problems quickly, and think of solutions to potential issues. If you are interested in applying for a checker position, be sure to demonstrate your attention to detail, organization skills, and your ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.