What is a Loader Job?
The loader is an essential part of the loading and unloading process. It involves placing items on a truck or into containers in a timely and safe manner. Some may be required to lift, move and stack items, depending on the size of the shipment. Loaders may also be required to help secure items into place for safe transport.
- Load items safely and securely onto a truck or into a container
- Lift, move and stack items for easy access and secure transportation
- Check all items for quality control
- Tie items down firmly to secure full load stability
- Measure items and ensure headspace is adequate for secure transport
- Ensure any fragile items are properly secured and cushioning material is in place
- Maintain a clean and presentable work area at all times
Skills and Qualifications
- Physically Fit: Loaders must be able to lift and move objects up to approximately 50 pounds.
- Organization: The ability to prioritize tasks and work quickly and efficiently is a must.
- Communication: Good communication skills are necessary for working with customers, salespeople and delivery drivers.
- Time Management: Loaders must be able to work within tight deadlines, with the ability to manage their workload.
- Attention to Detail: Ensuring items are loaded safely and securely requires complete attention to detail.
In conclusion, a loader job is a critical role within the shipping process. The primary responsibility is to load items safely onto a truck or container, but may require additional duties depending on the size and type of shipment. Loaders must have fairly good physical fitness, be organized, pay close attention to detail, and have excellent communication and time management skills.