What Jobs Can You Get at 14 in Georgia?
If you are 14 in the state of Georgia, the law restricts you from taking certain jobs. But there are still some you can do to make money.
Jobs You Can Get at 14 in Georgia
- Babysitting can provide you with steady income in Georgia. There are usually no minimum age requirements for babysitting, though prospective employers may require you to have some prior experience. Before applying to a babysitting job, you should consider getting certified in child CPR and first aid.
- Pet Sitting
- You can also make money pet sitting at 14 in Georgia. Employers may require that you provide references and may ask you to provide proof of veterinary care if necessary. You may be asked to pet sit for one-time visits or on a regular basis.
- Tutoring may also be a great way to make money in Georgia. Depending on your areas of expertise, you may be able to make good money from tutoring. You’ll need to have strong subject knowledge and be able to effectively communicate concepts to others.
Jobs You Cannot Get at 14 in Georgia
- Working in Electrical, Carpentry or Plumbing Workplaces
- Delivery Persons
- Working With Radioactive Substances
As a 14-year old in Georgia, there are plenty of opportunities to make money. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the laws and regulations in your state and make sure that the job you’re applying for is legal and safe.