What makes a Security+ Certification important?
The Security+ Certification, known as the gold standard of IT security certifications, is globally recognized by government and IT organizations. This certification verifies the professional has the knowledge and skills to perform roles such as system and network security administration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
Why is Security+ Certification Needed?
The need for certified IT professionals is greater than ever before. As organizations expand both locally and globally, IT roles become more demanding. Security+ certification connects IT professionals to jobs that require the specific skills and knowledge to ensure the security of networks and systems.
What Jobs Can You Get With a Security+ Certification?
Having a Security+ certification can open the door to many potential job opportunities. Here are some of the primary jobs you may be qualified for with a Security+ certification:
- Information Security Analyst — A security analyst plays a vital role in analyzing and responding to cyber threats and ensuring the safety of an organization’s networks and systems.
- Network Administrator — A network administrator is responsible for maintaining a company’s computer systems and networks, including troubleshooting problems and configuring networks.
- Systems Administrator — A systems administrator plays a key role in managing and maintaining a company’s computer systems, including resources, user access, and physical security.
- Security Administrator — A security administrator is responsible for overseeing the security of an organization’s networks, systems, and data.
- Information Security Officer — An information security officer is responsible for implementing and managing security policies and procedures to protect an organization’s networks, systems, and data.
In addition to these primary roles, having a Security+ certification might qualify you for additional roles such as network security analyst, security consultant, penetration tester, or information risk manager.
Having a Security+ certification on your resume marks you as a security professional who has the expertise to protect an organization’s networks and systems. This certification provides you with privileged access to a variety of roles that require IT security knowledge and skills.