Jobs for 14-Year-Olds in Colorado
Are you a 14-year-old in Colorado looking for a job? You’re in luck! Colorado provides plenty of employment opportunities for minors who meet the state’s requirements, as do many businesses and organizations in the state.
Requirements for Working in Colorado as a Minor
In order to work legally in Colorado at 14 years of age, you must:
- Obtain a Minor Permit – A permit can be issued to a minor at least 14 years of age, with the written consent of a parent or guardian. You can get this permit from the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment.
- Restrictions – When applying for a job, you must be aware of your age restrictions since these vary. Different restrictions may be placed on the types of work you can do, as well as the hours you can work.
Jobs Available for a 14-Year-Old in Colorado
There are a variety of jobs available for 14-year-olds in Colorado. Here are some of the most popular places to look for work:
- Retail Stores – Retail stores in Colorado hire 14-year-olds to work in a variety of positions such as cashiers, customer service, stocking shelves, or stocking inventory. These jobs usually offer competitive wages.
- Restaurants – Many restaurants in Colorado also hire 14-year-olds as dishwashers, bussers, and other entry-level positions. These jobs often pay minimum wage and can be a great way to get your foot in the door.
- Lawn Care – Yard work is a great way for 14-year-olds in Colorado to make money. Many homeowners are willing to pay good money for yard work done by reliable youth and it’s a great opportunity to learn how to take care of plants and lawns.
- Tutoring – Tutoring is a great job for 14-year-olds in Colorado. You can tutor students at local schools or sign up for private tutoring jobs. This is a great way to make extra money and help others at the same time.
- Babysitting – Babysitting is a popular job for 14-year-olds in Colorado. You can join a babysitting agency or become a private babysitter. You can also inquire at local churches and recreation centers, which often have babysitting jobs available.
By working legally in Colorado as a 14-year-old, you can gain invaluable professional experience, build relationships in the local community, and establish financial independence. Make sure you meet all necessary regulations, and you will be well on your way to finding the perfect job in Colorado.