Types of Jobs That Hire at 14 in Florida
It can be challenging to find a job if you are 14 years old and want to work in the state of Florida. Although most hiring policies state you must be 16 or older to be employed, there are a few types of jobs that are available to 14 year olds in Florida.
One of the rare opportunities for 14 year olds to find jobs in Florida is in the entertainment industry. If a minor aged 14 or older, has parental permission and fulfills certain requirements, they may secure jobs in the movie, television, radio and live performance industry.
Retail stores may hire 14 year olds, with certain conditions. Minors aged 14 and 15 who can work must do so within certain hours and limitations, such as:
- A minor aged 14 and 15 may not work between 7pm to 6am
- No more than 8 hours per day
- No more than 30 hours per week during school
- No more than 48 hours per week when school is not in session.
Restaurants may hire 14 year olds as bussers, dishwashers, and hosts. But they must adhere to the same rules as retail clerks and must also obey additional rules such as:
- No more than 6 hours per day
- No more than 18 hours per week
- Not permitted to handle knives, cooking or be part of the food preparation.
For 14 year olds wanting to work in Florida, finding a job can be difficult. But with the right type of job, like those listed here, it is possible to find employment.