What Jobs Hire at 14 in Iowa?
It can be difficult to figure out which jobs hire at age 14 in Iowa. Thankfully, the state offers a wide variety of options for young people to start working.
Most jobs that hire at age 14 have certain restrictions. Teens can’t work more than three hours a day, and no more than eighteen hours a week during school months. Additionally, teens are not allowed to work before 7 am or after 7 pm.
Jobs that Hire at 14 in Iowa Include:
- Grocery Store Clerk: Many grocery stores in Iowa hire teens at age 14. They can help stock shelves, bag groceries, and mop floors.
- Babysitting/Daycare: At age 14, teens can work as a babysitter or in daycare. They can help children with homework, play games, and plan activities.
- Tutor: If teens have a strong academic background, they may be able to tutor younger children in subjects like math and English.
- Food Service: Teens can work in ice cream shops and cafeterias throughout Iowa. Responsibilities may include cooking, cleaning, and serving customers.
- Retail: Some retail establishments hire young people at age 14. They can help with customer service and stocking.
- Animal Care: Many pet stores, veterinary clinics, and rescue shelters hire teens to help with tasks like feeding and exercising.
Overall, Iowa offers plenty of opportunities for teens to start working at age 14. With the right attitude and a strong work ethic, young people can find success in any of the jobs listed above.