What Types of Jobs Can 14-Year-Olds Get in Maryland?
Working a job as a 14-year-old has its benefits, such as teaching you responsibility, helping out your family financially, and learning valuable life skills.
In Maryland, there are several types of jobs available to 14-year-olds. Before you can get hired, you should first get work permits from the Maryland Dept. of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
Jobs Hiring 14-year-olds in Maryland
In Maryland, 14-year-olds can work in the following job types:
- Restaurants: Busboys, dishwashers, and takeout attendants are good jobs for 14-year-olds.
- Retail Stores: Cashiers and stockers in retail stores are commonly available for 14-year-olds.
- Yard Work/Landscaping: Mowing, leaf-blowing, weeding, and other landscaping gigs are often available.
- Grocery Stores: Bagging groceries, restocking shelves, and cleaning the store are all jobs teenagers can do.
- Household Jobs: Cleaning, pet-sitting, snow shoveling, and house-sitting are all possible jobs.
- Tutoring: If you excel in school, you can become a tutor and provide your services to younger students.
These are all common jobs 14-year-olds can work in Maryland. Before you can get hired, make sure you get a work permit from the Maryland Dept. of Labor, Licensing and Regulation and follow all the necessary legal steps. Good luck!