Jobs Hiring in Florida at Age 15
Getting your first job can be exciting, but it’s not always easy to find a job as a 15 year old in Florida. Although employers often prefer hiring people 18 or older, there are plenty of roles available to those who are under the age of 16. Here are some of the best job opportunities that offer great earning potential to workers of all ages, in Florida.
Entry Level Jobs
- General Labor: This entry level position consists of various types of manual labor, including sorting, cleaning, and stocking, among other tasks. Most general labor positions have minimal requirements, so this job is great for anyone who is looking for easy work that pays well.
- Food Service & Retail: Several retail stores, fast food restaurants, and large chains in Florida hire 15 year olds. Working in food service includes duties such as serving customers, preparing food, and managing a cash register. Retail jobs typically involve helping customers find their items, sorting stock, and restocking shelves.
- Babysitting: Many 15 year olds choose to babysit in their spare time. Babysitting is an excellent way to gain experience with children while earning extra money. Babysitters usually make around $10 to $15 per hour, depending on their experience and the number of children they are looking after.
- Tutor: Tutoring is a great way for teens to use their knowledge to make money. It’s also a perfect job for anyone attending high school, since it allows for flexibility in scheduling and hours that fit around a hectic student lifestyle. Tutors can offer help in academics, music, or language, and can make around $20 per hour.
Work Opportunities Through the Government
- Summer Job Programs: Most cities in Florida offer summer job programs for teens between 15 and 18. These programs provide teen workers with a good opportunity to gain valuable work experience. Participants usually work at least 20 hours per week, and can earn minimum wage or more.
- VR (Vocational Rehabilitation): The VR program helps individuals with disabilities to access support and services in order to gain employment. 15 year olds with disabilities may be eligible to participate in VR programs, which may offer job placement, job training, and other resources.
Finding work as a 15 year old in Florida is possible, as long as you know where to look. With options such as entry-level jobs, professional positions, and government programs, there are plenty of opportunities available for motivated teens who want to work and start earning money.