Jobs That Hire at Age 15 in Texas
Age 15 is the minimum age in Texas to be considered a working adult. While there are some laws and restrictions on the sorts of jobs a 15-year-old can do, it is still possible to find a job and start making money.
What Sort of Jobs Hire at 15 in Texas?
Here are some of the jobs that are available to 15-year-olds in Texas:
- Food and Beverage Services – A 15-year-old can work as a busser, dishwasher, food server, or prep cook in a restaurant, hotel, or other food service establishment.
- Entertainment – Many movie theaters and video game arcades hire 15-year-old attendants and workers.
- Retail Stores – 15-year-olds can work as a retail clerk, cashier, or in stock roles in most retail establishments.
- Office Work – Many offices hire 15-year-olds to answer phones, scan documents, or process data.
- Farming – 15-year-olds are legally allowed to work on a farm or ranch, although they are typically limited in their duties.
- Babysitting – 15-year-olds can typically find work as a babysitter in their local area.
It is important to keep in mind that all 15-year-olds in Texas are required to obtain a working papers document in order to be legally employed. This document must be obtained through their school or local labor board. In addition, all 15-year-olds must adhere to the state labor laws for minors, which limit their hours of work and the types of jobs they may do.