What other jobs can an electrician do?
Electricians are considered to be the lifeblood of electrical installations and repairs, but they handle a broader range of tasks than many people are aware of. As such, electricians have the skills to take on a range of jobs, such as:
- Installing new electrical wiring systems.
- Upgrading existing wiring in homes and businesses.
- Installing lighting fixtures.
- Installing and connecting outlets, switches, and fixtures.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing electrical systems.
- Performing preventative maintenance to catch and avoid problems in the future.
- Inspecting wiring systems to ensure they meet code requirements.
- Repairing or replacing faulty wiring or outlets.
- Tracing shorts or other problems in electrical systems.
- Testing electrical systems to make sure they operate safely and properly.
- Testing electrical systems with specialized equipment.
- Performing safety inspections to make sure systems are up to code.
- Providing diagnostic information about electrical systems.
Electricians are a valuable asset to the construction and repairs industry, and often find themselves taking on multiple roles outside of their primary job. As such, they must possess a wide range of skills and knowledge in order to be effective in their work. With the broad range of duties electricians are asked to complete, they remain an essential resource in any industry they serve.